Thursday, September 16, 2010

About

For starters, I'm a 20-something newlywed setting up house a bit past the Mason-Dixon line. I was born in the south, but have spent the last 20+ years in New York and Maine (and oh how I miss them!). My wonderful husband is west coast (Washington State) born and raised. At the age of 19 he joined the Army and was stationed smack dab in the middle of the nation. We met over 3 years ago when I "adopted" him as my Soldier pen pal while he was deployed to Iraq. 3 years, countless phone calls, dozens of visits, and a second deployment later, we are finally not only in the same time zone, but under the same roof! God is good.  Now our families are on opposite sides of the country and we're doing this thing called life on our own. This is a little peak inside of what we like to think of as our "three strand' life... Strom, Regan, and God.


And now for a few fun facts about me!


1. God is everything in my life. The center and the focus.

2. I adore my husband. He's the sweetest, dorkiest, and most wonderful man I could have asked for!

3. I love my family more than life. My mom is my best friend and my dad is my hero, and my siblings are incredible.

4. I am a lover of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

5. Coffee. It's my downfall. I *love* coffee. I can't get enough of it and can't wait til I can drink more!

6. I am in love with all things vintage. I have the biggest soft spot for anything vintage! (Particularly 1940's era)

7. Big Band music is the best music ever made. Hands down. I could listen to Glenn Miller all day!

8. I don't know where I'd be without Jillian Michaels. Or P90X. They are like evil angels on my shoulder.

9. I *love* design blogs. I follow dozens of them! This may end up as one. Who knows?!

10. I can't get enough of New York City. Seattle is great, Boston is wonderful, D.C. is amazing. But New York... it's New York. What else can I say? I love it.


That's all for now!



No comments: