Friday, June 1, 2012

Joe Beans & the Week's Ups & Downs

Confession: Strom and I are a bit on the coffee-addicted side. It's not that we can't function without it... It's just that life would be sad without that sweet goodness. Really sad. (I once gave up coffee for a month before my wedding and I swear it wasn't worth the white teeth!) That being said, we like to indulge in the occasional coffee not made in our kitchen. It's not typically Starbucks, so not to worry, Dave Ramsey! ;) 

We're both major Dunkin Donuts fans and we often resent the fact that the closest one is over an hour away from us. (Please, Dunkin! You need to set up shop in the 'Burg!). But life got a little sweeter this week when we rediscovered Joe Beans (thank you, Kelly!). I think I can hang in there without my Dunkin knowing Joe Beans is in town!


Ups of the week:

  • Coffee. Coffee hour in our house is usually around 8 o'clock PM (weird, right?). We never fail to anticipate our hot (or cold, let's face it, VA is a furnace this time of year!) beverage every night!
  • Our Life Group. I'm so blessed by the group of people the Lord has placed us in. I'm so happy to call them friends - God is so good! 
  •  The art of dejunking. It's seriously the greatest feeling dumping stuff off at Goodwill or in the dumpster. Free at last.
  • Today's weather. I've been dying for an overcast day for weeks now. Along with its rolling thunder, today has been nearly perfect. My mile-wide hair doesn't appreciate the humidity though....
Downs are inevitable:
  • With that dejunking comes the stress of actually dejunking. We're in the process of moving (yes! We are moving!!) and I am ashamed at how much STUFF we've accumulated in just two years here! I take pride in being a clean and mostly organized person, but somehow we managed to store up a whole ton of random nothings that have lead to one busy stretch of deep cleaning! 
  • Our landlord giving us 45-ish minutes notice yesterday to come over to take listing pictures of our place when the packing up process has already gone full swing. I've never cleaned/staged so fast in my life. 


Happy Friday to ya! I hope you have a wonderful weekend! 

...How is it the weekend already?!

No comments: