Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Necessary Getaways

There is a requirement to living in Lynchburg and that is the necessity of getting out of Lynchburg every so often. It's a must. Our survival depends on a little fresh scenery from time to time! 

So this past Saturday we pointed to a spot on a map, packed a lunch and hit the road! We rarely have Saturdays together, so the urgency to make the most of the day was sky high. Where did we end up? Lexington, Virginia! (And only two days later Romney showed up to speak to Virginia Military Institute in Lexington! So close, yet so far. If only we'd known!) 

I don't know how we hadn't ever been through this adorable preppy town (nearly every guy we saw sported a blazer and khakis, with the girls collectively wearing sundresses and boots. Um, I could live there!) but we enjoyed playing the role of tourists for the afternoon! 

Strom's been working on his camera skills. He's not too shabby! :)

Happy Tuesday to ya! 

4 comments:

Daniel and Cerissa said...

Lexington?! Cool! Historically packed town, and once again I'm jealous! ;) Did you see any interesting stuff?

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

I love Lexington! My sister lived there for three years, and it was the best place to visit. Your pictures are making me wish I'd pulled out the camera more while I was there! Gorgeous!

Regan said...

Cerissa! Everything in Lexington was so sweet! We just roamed, but it was definitely all interesting! The cemetery was the Stonewall Jackson Memorial cemetery - your boys would have loved it! :) It was all great!

Ashley - You had a sister this close?? Lexington is so adorably unique. I wish we had more time to spend there the other day. A good excuse to return! You'll have to come back someday! It's only an hour from me! :)

Laurie said...

Ahhh you are surrounded by SUCH fun history in Virginia! Also, how do you get your hair so cute? I love the soft silky curls, I'm having some hair jealously.