Friday, January 14, 2011

Etsy: Pillow Covers

Back in August when we bought our sofa and matching chair, with them came the some of the ugliest pillows I have ever seen. I looked around everywhere for something to replace them, finding nothing better. Then a light bulb went off over my head and I said, "Etsy!" These were good quality pillows, so why not just cover them?

After searching for quite some time, I came across a pattern I absolutely loved - yet the accompanying price was not something I was willing to pay. But you know what is wonderful about Etsy? Nearly every seller does custom work. Bingo. I found the sweetest shop, Glam Design, and she was able to specially order the fabric in the color I wanted for literally half the price. 

So, my once-ugly pillows (the icky floral ones in the back):



Were replaced with these lovely things:



And they now look like this: 


And I seriously love the finished product. Now if I can find something to replace the aqua pillows, I will be quite pleased! 

2 comments:

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

I love the new pillow covers! The color and the graphic pattern are both perfect. I'm in desperate need of new pillows myself, and hadn't even thought about looking on Etsy. Great idea!

Regan said...

Thank you! There is an endless supply of variety on Etsy. Seriously, it took forever for me to make up my mind!