Saturday, January 8, 2011

Hunt for the Camera Battery

This afternoon I was attempting to photograph my precious nephew when my camera battery died. I searched through my bags, but came to the realization I didn't bring my charger. After kicking myself, my brother saved the day and informed me he had a charger that could work with my battery. Score! That is until he couldn't find it.... He brought my battery back over to me and placed it on the table with an apology. No big deal. After five or so minutes, I closed my laptop and asked him if he placed the battery on the table I was sitting at. An affirmative answer brought on the hunt for the gray battery. 

Take into consideration there is a 14-month old living in the house. That battery could be anywhere. And thus, we looked everywhere. Although I never officially blamed Evan, we did assume he grabbed it from the table and did something with it. My brother, sister-in-law, husband and I searched through all the toys, rooms, cabinets, under everything, in trash cans, in closets, down the stairs, in Evan's pants, in his highchair, under the Christmas tree skirt... You name it, we looked there. 

At this point, my brother (Jack) blamed himself and started to look everywhere he went while looking for the charger. So in his office, basement, locked cabinets, his bedroom we all went. 

Nothing.

The search went on for nearly 45 minutes with absolutely no where left to look when Jack (in utter frustration) found an older camera of his and gave me the battery. "Keep it. This search is over. If it ever shows up, we'll swap. I am moving on." 

10 minutes later, Strom made a comment about the battery and Jack, in his hilarity and amused frustration spat back, "It's done! We're done. Moving on!" I laughed along and said, "I bet God is going to humor us and have it show up." 

A mere 5 minutes later I returned to my laptop and opened it.



Yeah. Right there. I had it all along. Sometimes I wonder if God meant to give me blond hair... But as God would have it, we were all humored and laughing over the ridiculous situation. 

 Both Evan and Jack received an apology from me.

1 comment:

Barbi said...

exactly why the whole "blonde" thing doesn't work... brunettes are airheads, too. HA!