Monday, January 10, 2011

The Many Faces of Evan

I just love this little guy. After our visit in Maine, Strom and I spent a long weekend in New York with my brother, sister-in-law and this awesome little man. Evan has reached the point in his 14-months when girls are just boring and boys are the best. He fell in love with his Uncle Strom and his little face lit up every single time Daddy walked in the room. Yeah, he'd give me a kiss when I asked for one, but his heart belonged to the guys. One of these days he will realize how cool of an aunt I am. Until then, I will just snap pictures every time we're together. 

*happy sigh*


It still blows my mind that my big brother has a kid. Where does time go?? What amazes me is how much this little man is like his dad - and his mom for that matter. From his love of video games and books, to his enjoyment of horses and soccer, he is 50% his dad and 50% his mom. Even my siblings and I aren't like that in regard to my parents. He's a unique little dude. 

And how I miss him.

2 comments:

Barbi said...

He IS cute, but I do have to say, this post makes me sad/jealous that there are 5 nephews and one niece missing out on getting to know and love their Uncle and new Aunt... :(
(not trying to make you feel bad, I know you have no control of where you're living, but I AM jealous!!!)

Regan said...

Aww I know. I think of that every time I talk about Evan. I promise to have pictures of our 5 nephews and 1 precious niece on my blog as soon as we're all together again!! =) They are very much loved by us!!