Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Goals: 2012

The other night Strom and I both sat down together, paper and pens in hand and wrote in silence. He looked over at me as my pen literally smoked my journal as I scribbled away. His sheet had one line. I told him not to worry, that my abundance of words is always intimidating, but not to forget, I'm just wordy! 

When his paper was filled, and I couldn't think of a single word to add to the multiple pages I just completed, we looked at each other. "Alright, it's time to share!" as I reached for his list and handed him my journal. "Can't we just read them aloud?" he asked with a hint of dread. "Heck no! We're getting into each other's thoughts by reading!" 

I took his list of goals for 2012 and handed him mine and started to read. I smiled to myself. His list was the cliff note version of mine. While he has no intention of de-junking my drawers and closet, and I wouldn't dream of reading through The Lord of the Rings series this year, our hopes and desires for what God would have for us in 2012 were near mirror reflections of each other. 

There is such peace in being on the same page together! :)     


*One goal we already accomplished this year was to call up DirectTV and say "Auf Wiedersehen!" and wow it feels good already! We have already finished books and gotten more sleep since cutting that out of our lives. Not to mention, that is a nice chunk of money we can use much more wisely than to further a culture and entertainment world we don't approve of. It's freeing. That's what it is.

What are some goals you guys out there have for 2012? I'd love to hear them! 

No comments: