Friday, June 29, 2012

Sunsets & Weekly Recaps

For my entire life, I have lived below the tree tops. No matter how many times I jump up and down on my Pogo stick (hey, remember those?) I have not managed to see a successful sunset from my backyard. Or front yard. I realize it is completely a first world problem to complain about having to drive somewhere to watch the sun dip below the horizon, but I honestly feel like I'm missing out every night! 

So that being said, I feel utterly and completely spoiled during this stay with my family! Can you believe this is the view from their back deck?? There is nothing like watching the sun go down every night that reminds me of the greatness and glory of the Lord. In the midst of trials and challenges, that setting sun is a reminder of His perfect faithfulness and His unending beauty. 


And that brings me to this week's ups and downs!

Ups:

  • Being able to witness a perfect sunset every night this week. I'm not kidding, every night!! You'd think it would get old, but it truly just gets more exquisite.
  • Dunkin Donuts. There are 5 within a 10 minute radius of my parents' home. It's pretty darn awesome. I'll have to pace myself or I'll be living off a caffeine high for the duration of my stay! Come to think of it, that's not necessarily a bad thing! ;) 
  • Being with my family of course! I probably should have ordered this before the DD thing... But in all sincerity, it's such a blessing to be with them while my hubby is off training. They keep my mind off of how much it sucks to be without him! 
Downs:
  • The SCOTUS ruling yesterday in favor of upholding Obamacare. It was a devastating blow for America, and all I can do is trust that God has a plan for all of this. To receive it as a challenge for this nation to awaken to the downward spiral we're in and get to the polls this November!! If we want to repeal Obamacare, we have to get rid of its namesake. 
  • Missing my hubby. It has been 8 days since we've had any contact whatsoever. Even during his deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan we had more opportunity for contact. While I knew this heading into this crazy month, I'm reminded how helplessly married I am and how I definitely feel the distance. But! God is good and He gives grace right when it is needed. 
  • Unending headaches. I think there is something in the air here in NY that is seriously messing with my allergies! I've had an ongoing headache since I got here. But I will survive! As long as I know how to love I know I'll stay alive...hey hey... ;) (So cheesy, right?) 
Happy Friday to y'all! 
Stay cool and hydrated!

No comments: