Wednesday, July 4, 2012

A Jazzy Summer

I observed a few things about jazz festivals this past weekend. Maybe your idea of a jazz lover slightly resembles your dad, or perhaps visions of dark and smoky jazz clubs from the '50's - '60's conjures up an artsy image for you. While maybe there were a few people in attendance that fit such a description, I was entirely unprepared for the um, unique individuals that came out of the woodworking at jazz fest. I'm still debating which was more entertaining - the music or the people! ;)

I also noticed that when the park ban on booze is lifted for jazz fest, it is greatly taken advantage of. I reemphasize the word, greatly. I'm not sure where the designated drivers all were... but I hope they all made it safely home! 

Tickets to the 35th annual jazz festival at the Saratoga Performing Arts Center was our gift to my dad for his birthday. I don't remember a time where I've seen him have more fun! My dad, the helpless and hopeless jazz lover was in all his glory (minus the alcohol, I do believe we were the only sober party on the great expansive lawn!) We walked away that night thrilled that we put such a smile on his face!   

Thanks to our delightful umbrella, we were able to survive the intense heat of the day and truly enjoy the day together! Thank you, dear umbrella, for saving our lives! ;) And for all you crazy jazz lovers... I'll never forget you! 

The real show is about to begin!! Chris Botti takes the stage!! What. A. Performance. A true artist. And my dad's favorite, perhaps of all time!! (I mean come on, look at that smile on the right!) 

Happy Independence to you all!! 

1 comment:

Daniel and Cerissa said...

Looks like FUN! Oddly enough, when I think of jazz I think of college and a cute blond boy.... Daniel introduced me to good jazz :)