Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Two Years

As I sit here staring at this blank text box, I can hardly believe it has been two full years since our perfect wedding day! Two YEARS! It still feels like yesterday - the butterflies, the warm sunshine, the white gown, the big band, the flowers, the "I do's" - I cannot believe how fast time has flown!

I told Strom last night I can't even remember what it's like to not be married to him. I guess he just completes me that much! In this life, with the Lord at our center, we are complete. Like peanut butter and jelly, cream and sugar, and bread and butter. 

Sometimes we have these little moments... where life becomes so simple, and the smallest things conjure up a sense of childlike awe. We each know when it happens, because the other starts laughing and asks, "Are you having 'a moment'?" But in these moments, I still can't believe how blessed I am. How blessed we are. I'll just look at him and smile and say, "You're my husband!" He smiles and thinks I'm cute. "You're having a moment, aren't you?" Yup. A precious moment of complete gratitude for the life God has given us. For these last two amazing years together. For an adorable roof over our heads, for a life to call our own. 

I want to say I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store, but I'm so happy living right in this moment... I don't need to see much further down the road than this.


To my precious husband, who is my other (and better!) half... Thank you. For this little life we have built together! I have adored it for two full years now. Happy Anniversary, my Love! To today and many more! *Cheers*

No comments: