Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day

My stomach is in knots today - I have never been this excited or nervous in my entire life!! Today is Election Day and I have waited four [long] years for this day to arrive! I love my country. I am proud to be an American. It is the greatest nation this world has ever seen, and we are blessed beyond our understanding to have the privilege to live in the United States. And it breaks my heart to see how far we have fallen from freedom and how few people even realize it. How few seem to care.

Today is our chance to stop the downward spiral of these last four years. While no man is the answer to everything, it is necessary for the survival of America as we know it to elect a new president today. The healing of our nation will require us as Americans to take responsibility for our country. To be the ones on the front lines of freedom, to be there when others are in need. It will take hard work, perseverance and the protection of Divine Providence. America's future depends on us to show up today. No candidate is perfect, but we serve a God that is. Today we have a job. So let's do it.

Today is about restoration. Not "revenge."

It's time. 

For the love of your country, vote for freedom.  

(Photo courtesy of my iPhone at the Lynchburg Romney rally yesterday!!)


“Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”

 - Ronald Reagan 


No comments: