Thursday, October 14, 2010

Pumpkin White Chocolate Cookies

There's nothing like a rainy day in the fall. It makes me want to stay in and throw on comfy sweats, sip on a delicious spiced latte, and read a good book. And bake. Fall brings out the baker in me. Last year my husband (then fiance) was serving in Afghanistan at this time and I was constantly cranking out the pumpkin cookies, muffins, and ginger snaps to send in his care packages. I of course was supplying his unit more than him because he was too generous to keep them for himself! But that's beside the point. 

Well, today is a rainy day in October. And what did I just stumble across on one of my favorite blogs but thee most appealing cookie recipe I've seen yet this autumn. I must must make these cookies! And I don't even eat cookies. That's how tempted I am! 


Apparently they are soft, cakey, and have the warmth of pumpkin pie spice and the creaminess of pumpkin puree. It sounds like a perfect fall cookie, right? If I wasn't jetting off to Texas for the weekend in the morning, I'd be baking these tonight!



Pumpkin White Chocolate Cookies
Makes 3-4 Dozen

1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup canned pumpkin (not pie filling)
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 package (11 ounces) white chocolate chips

1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla and pumpkin. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in white chocolate chips.

2. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool.


1 comment:

Cassie said...

Regan! I absolutely love your blog. We had a chili cook-off at the office a couple weeks ago and your mom made some delicious cookies! The recipe leaked and the secret was out- it was YOUR pumpkin white chocolate cookie recipe! Your mom gave your blog page out (mainly, for us cookie-lovers to find the recipe), and I couldn't help but read all your posts (is that what they're called, posts?). Your life seems absolutely amazing. Congratulations to both you and Strom. I hope you don't mind if I continue to follow you and read your blog every now and then. Maybe I'll create one too, who knows! Hope you're doing well! -Cassie