Thursday, November 4, 2010

As Predicted...

Last night the husband and I were lounged on the couch, sipping on some delicious pumpkin spice coffee, watching Friday Night Lights. I've never watched this series before, nor has it really clicked with me yet, but my husband loves it, therefore I'm trying. But this post has nothing to do with Friday Night Lights... It has everything to do with a prediction I made last month. Do you remember it?  A mere week ago I made this prediction that I would be presenting a photo of a shattered vase within the next week or so. Well, there we were, kicking back for the night when *CRASH* and *SHATTER* were two sounds that echoed through the house. We looked at each other knowingly. Upon entering the kitchen, we were met with a very predicted sight.

Ladies and gentlemen... I give you the vase:


I was a fool for not moving it knowing she was so taken with the flowers...But I honestly had no where to put it. Anywhere else would have worked at this point. *Sigh* And I had just said an hour before the incident how much I loved Miss Scarlett and that she fit perfectly into our little family. Oh the joys of pet ownership!


We put her in the bathroom for somewhat of a "time out" (don't laugh! It seems to work!) while we cleaned up the glass. When we went in to get her, she was in the corner of the counter, head hung low...She knew what she did. She spent the rest of the evening as a miserable little ball of fluff in Husband's lap. I love her and am so upset with her at the same time. 

{Salvaging what's left of the arrangement! Such a good man!}
 

Now I need to figure out what to do with the loose flowers. I'm afraid to put them in another vase to be honest. I'll figure something out. I'm sure it'll be a blessing in disguise when all is said and done. 

Ugh. That darn cat.


No comments: